Monday, September 19, 2011

Beauty Q's and Reviews

So I have some questions for my lady followers out there in regards to some beauty products and the latest trends!  I also wanted to mention a few new products I've tried lately, give my review and see what anyone else thought about them!!!

First up will be crackle nail polish.

Is this still in ladies?? I just tried it for the first time 2 weeks ago when I got a pedicure.  I have to say I think it's pretty cute, but I wonder if this is a fad that's now on it's way out?  I used a white base with a pink crackle polish on top.  I think it has made for a cute, end of summer pedicure. 

Purple Nails China Glaze Crackle

                                                                  via

Next up foundation.

I always wear foundation and maybe that's kind of bad for someone as young as I am, but I just don't like the way my skin looks without it.  I've been using Covergirl for about as long as I can remember.  I don't use a bottle foundation, but it's like a cream, compact type.  Specifically I use their Simply Ageless line and I've just somewhat recently realized that this is meant for older women.  Ellen Degeneres does the commercial for this product lol!  I have to say I do love it though, for older women or not, it's working for me!  But I'm definitely open to new suggestions if anyone has any!!



COVERGIRL and Olay Simply Ageless Foundation
Sticking with my Covergirl trend.  I tried 2 products by them that were new for me.  One was a lip gloss.  I am in love with lip gloss!!  And these were on sale so even better! 


The lip gloss comes in a long tube with a wand applicator and it's called Wetslicks AmazeMint.  They have different colors to choose from and the kicker is that it smells like Crest toothpaste!  I guess it helps give you fresh breath and glossy lips at the same time!  A little strange at first because you can definitely smell the mint, but I think it's a pretty neat concept!
                                                                 via
The next new product was the Covergirl Exact Eyelights.  It's the mascara that is supposed to specifically bring out your eye color.  So I bought the black sapphire to help bring out my baby blues and I have to say I'm not really a fan.  This too was on sale so I'm not going to complain too much.  This will just act as my back up mascara.  But I didn't notice any difference in bringing out my blue eyes from my usual mascara and the application was not as smooth as their other mascara I use. (Lash Blast Volume which I LOVE!)  Maybe that's because this mascara is waterproof which I didn't know when I purchased it.  I have to say I am NOT a fan of waterproof mascara at all.  Might actually hate it. 

Have you tried any new products lately?  What are you loving at the moment? 


3 comments:

  1. I don't know a lot about make up as I only wear it like six times a year. In the 1990s I tried new products for some magazine (teen people, maybe). Anyway, they sent me crackle nail polish then, but I never saw it again until now (you are the second this summer to blog about it)! Funny how trends go.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh that pink crackle nail polish looks great! Def. keep wearing it!

    I've been wearing make up since I was so young. I literally could not do anything without putting on foundation. But, over the past 2 years I've started to wear less and less. Now, I just wear tinted moisturizer, some concealer under my eyes, and powder . If foundation is what you feel most comfortable in, than keep on using it! Don't worry if the brand is directed towards older women. :)

    I also am a fan of lash blast, and I always prefer reg. mascara (not waterproof)!

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear what you have to say! Please leave me a comment!