Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Kudos to Us

I want to send a giant "kudos" out to all of us that write blogs. As I was scrolling through the recent posts of blogs I follow I noticed so many serious topics. Women that are writing about trips to fertility clinics, about the grief one continues to work to overcome with the passing of her husband, the search for love, divorce, school worries, job worries, affairs, etc. etc.

I often worry and wonder about putting too much information out into cyber space with what I write about. Am I putting too much out there? Maybe revealing too much? There's a fine line, and I'm sure I don't have it right, but I do believe that those that really put it all out there are helping someone. For one I think it's just good for my soul to be able to write and put my feelings and thoughts out there. Not to mention the absolute power of words and the impact they can have. I have cried over blog posts, I have laughed and cheered for the women of the blogs I follow.

Any kind of art is personal. Writing is very personal, even when what you're writing is fictional, but of course it doesn't get any more real than writing about your own life. You're putting yourself out there to be judged, to be criticized, to be compared. I just wanted to take this time to say thank you to all of you that put yourself out there. You inspire me. You give me words that I need so badly to read at just right the time. You are my outlet in more ways than one. Please continue to do what you do.

4 comments:

  1. I really like this post - it's really true! I've enjoyed following your adventures, from the Peace Corps application to the bank to school to men. It's been fun to see what you're up to and how you're changing. and I am so excited for your Europe trip!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your blog, so I'm a new follower =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. If I ever get off my bottom and write something again, I'll remember this. :) Thanks for writing! M

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so with you! There are so many awesome blogs are there that are so inspiring huh!? Your blog is one of them too! :)

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear what you have to say! Please leave me a comment!