Sunday, June 3, 2012

Guess What??!!

Guess what friends???!!! I'm buying a house!!! I can't tell you how excited I am!

I've been looking at homes for about 3 months now and I'm so glad I waited for this one. When it's the right one I think you just know because that's how it happened here. I've been saying that I'm not in a big hurry to buy a house, I don't HAVE to buy one, but it was something worth looking into. So I had the time to find THE right one for me.

The realtor sent me pictures of the house on Monday, we saw it Wednesday and again Thursday with my parents and I put my first offer in that night. By noon on Friday we had a deal!! I'll have to post pictures later, but it has a gorgeous kitchen so I guess I'll have to really start cooking and put it to good use. It has a nice sized lot and the back yard already has a privacy fence which works perfectly for my dog. The area is very homey, with sidewalks and lamp posts and flower baskets. I can't wait to move in and become a part of the neighborhood. I should be able to move in around mid-July.

I'm afraid to get too excited and too ahead of myself, because of course it's not actually mine until closing and I have the keys in my hand. And of course the timing is a little stressful because I leave Tuesday for Europe! I'm trying to pack and do readings for school and call about home owners insurance and get paperwork to the loan officer, etc etc. But it's all good! All I can say is what a year this is turning out to be!!

First trip to NYC. First trip to 3 European countries. And I will be an offical homeowner in about a month! Wow.

I guess I need to get off the computer now and finish packing. Have I mentioned that I hate packing?? Especially when the weather is so uncertain, but apparently it's quite chilly in London..and Berlin. How do you decide what to wear on the airplane? My main goal is always comfort, but then I want to look nice too. I don't know why but deciding what to wear on the dang plane is always a struggle for me. Wish me luck and I will return in two weeks!

2 comments:

  1. That's so exciting!! Congratulations!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations, girl! That is so exciting! And have SO much fun in Europe. London is AMAZING and Paris is incredible. Can't wait to read all about your adventures when you get back!

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear what you have to say! Please leave me a comment!