Hello my lovelies! I feel like I have been gone a very long time, and I guess a week can be a long time right? I would like to thank everyone for all their comments on my last post. Your comments mean the world to me :)
This last week has been pretty good. I had started a new book and preferred to read instead of write. If you haven't read anything by Kristin Hannah please please do. I just finished a third book by her called "Winter Garden" and it didn't disappoint. It's hard to explain but she writes in a way that I just love. It flows and it keeps me enthralled from the beginning and I get in a rush to finish it. I wrote a post on one of her other books "True Colors", you can check that out here if you're interested.
But now on to the good stuff. When I wrote last it was about my first date with a guy I had met via the Internet. Sunday we had our second date. With the second date comes some relief and some more questions. It's a relief that I've already met the guy and we've gotten past that introductory period. Now we can start getting more comfortable and getting to know more about each other. On the other hand, what if the more I find out the less I like? He didn't kiss me on the first date is it going to happen now? Did he save his psycho craziness for the second date?
For the second date we decided to do dinner and a movie. Originally it was going to be just dinner at a pretty nice restaurant on the other side of town. I had eaten at this restaurant only once, which I believe was Valentine's Day years ago with the first guy I ever loved. But I didn't want this new guy to think he has to take me to expensive restaurants, I'm good with low key things. And for a second date I wanted a chance to get to know him better, doing that over dinner in a nice restaurant isn't necessarily the way I wanted to do it. Anyways, we decide to meet at the theater and go to a restaurant nearby. Before the date I had mentioned that I rented a movie I hadn't had a chance to watch yet. Lincoln Lawyer, anyone seen it? Pretty great I thought. So I was throwing the idea out there that we could watch that instead of seeing one in theater. It's kind of hard to get to know someone in a dark theater.
After dinner he starts driving away from the theater. Apparently he was headed back to his place to drop the leftovers off and then we would decide about the movie. I didn't have a problem going to his place, but I would have preferred to do it with my car. We decided to stay at his place and watch the movie I rented. Again, the movie is pretty great I recommend it. And Matthew McConaughey and Ryan Phillippe aren't too bad to look at. :)
And yes in the middle of sitting on the couch watching the movie he kissed me. There was actually a good bit of kissing on this date. He has some soft lips too, lol! Pretty nice! :) But at one point I was starting to think he was really getting into this kissing. He even said at one point he would be a gentleman and take me back to my car. Yes, I know how STUPID it was of me to be at his house without my car. If he wasn't a good guy it could have been a bad situation. Lesson learned. So he says he'll be a gentleman and take me back to my car unless I don't want him to. I get the impression that if I wanted to have sex, it totally could have happened. And that had me a little concerned. I don't know if he was being a typical guy or if his goal is just to have sex. It made me kind of sad because I'm not after just sex and I didn't think he was either. You know I want the guy to be interested, to be attracted, but talking about sex on the second date is a little soon for me. The date ended fine, I did make it back to my car and home before 11 o'clock, I had to work the next day.
At work of course I go over all these details with my fellow work ladies. I love them, they're the best! I go over my concerns with them about the sex subject. They did think it was pretty much just typical guy stuff, not that this guy was being a jerk or just after that. I do think he wants a relationship or someone to date and he's not just looking for sex. But with this in mind I did have a conversation with him.
a) I asked if he was dating anyone else. He has no obligation to me I know this, but I've learned to never just assume that they're NOT seeing someone else. If you don't ask, they mostly likely won't tell you.
b) I let him know I want to take things "slowish". I said to be blunt, I'm not ready to have sex with you.
And my work ladies were right, they said if I told him that I would know by his reaction what he was after. He said he understood if he came off a little strong on that front, but was glad I wasn't holding a grudge against him. He said "slowish" works for him, but he was honest in that he's not interested in waiting until marriage either. Which is fine with me, I just said not the third date either.
I will be seeing him today too. I have to get an oil change. Bleh I hate doing chores on my day off, but I'm a thousand miles overdue..oops, so it's pretty necessary. While I'm out I will be spending a few hours with him before going to my high school history teacher's house. She's going to write me a recommendation letter for graduate school. Yay!
There is also an update from Peace Corps, not really a great one though. I had an email yesterday from the placement desk letting me know my file is in place for final review and assessment and I should here something over the next 2 months. Two months??? I was already told 4-6 weeks, which it's been about 3 weeks at this point. It also said they are looking at programs that depart between January and June. UGH..June?? I was hoping for January. If I'm invited to a program that leaves in June, it's almost a year from when I was originally supposed to leave. I know we're all in the same boat though, everyone had a summer invite. I just want to go where it's the best fit, that's all I hope for. If I have to wait until June, then so be it. I'm going to have faith that there's a reason for it. If I'm invited to leave between January and March I will get an invitation in August. If it's April to June I won't have an invite until October.
This has been the longest post ever. Sorry!! I guess that's what happens when I don't write for a week!
Hope you all have the best day!
As a man I can understand why he would push for more (we are hormonal beings after all), but the fact that he didn't flinch when you hit the brakes showed that he is a gentleman after all. Wishing you the best of luck with the third date!
ReplyDelete~SP
I hope you get some news from the peace corps soon!
ReplyDeleteHonestly, I think he sounds like a really nice guy. I've met a lot of guys that don't always have the right intentions, but this guy sounds like a good person. Him asking if you wanted to stay, well maybe he just didn't want to seem like he was kicking you out. Or maybe he wasn't opposed to the idea of kissing you longer ;)
I cant wait to read your update!!