Monday, July 4, 2011

Extra Terrestrial

Hello all and Happy 4th of July!!
Hope you all had a fantastic weekend!

Mine was actually pretty great!  My friend that is in the Air Force was in town for the weekend and the two of us along with another friend spent a lot of time together.  I couldn't help but think of where time has taken us.  Three years ago we all worked at the same restaurant as managers.  Now one of them is married with 2 young children and the other is in the Air Force living in another state. 

Seriously where does the time go?
But I guess change is necessary.

So this weekend the three of us had dinner and a few margaritas at a Mexican restaurant.  (Have you caught on yet that I like margaritas?)  After dinner we did a little shopping.  A $100 later I had some new clothes, shoes, sunglasses, necklace...etc.  Leaving there we went to see fireworks at a nearby church.  They had some really great fireworks!  It was a great night and a great start to the weekend.

Yesterday me and the friend from out of town spent a few hours by the pool.  We spent the whole time relaxing and talking.  It was so great to have her in town and have some serious girl talk.  I don't have too many girls I hang out with on a regular basis.  And the weekend ended with a trip to the movies to see Transformers 3.  I love going to the movies and just usually don't have someone to go see them with!

Besides talking about what a great weekend I had, the point of this post was to talk about the possibilities of extra terrestrials, aliens, other life form, or whatever you choose to call them, if you even believe in them? 

I know this is kind of silly, but the Transformers movie got me thinking.  I've pretty much always thought or believed that there is some other life in the universe besides us.  It's pretty egotistical of us to think we're the only ones living in this vast amount of space.  Obviously they wouldn't be like us because no other planet is like Earth.  And with the numerous movies out that portray aliens in some form or fashion, it begs the question what do YOU think this other life form might look like??

Would they be giant robots like in Transformers?  Or something similar to the invasion by mechanical robots in Battle L.A?  Would they be gross, slimy things like in Independence Day?  Or more ghostly figures like in Knowing or Signs?  Or would they be cute, friendly aliens like in E.T.?  There are so many options it could be any or none of the above. 

If you haven't seen it yet the new Transformers movie leads us to believe that there was a top secret mission being launched when we finally landed man on the moon.  And well maybe it's just my imagination or the conspiracy side of me coming out that wonders why couldn't that be true?  Did we really spend billions of dollars to send a man to the moon just because?  Just for the sake of education?  Just to see what's there?  And now the space shuttle program is being cut.  Has the program served it's purpose and the government no longer wants to fund it? 

I know this post is kind of out there with all this talk of aliens.  I'm really not a conspiracy theory type person, but I do think it's fun to think about.  When I got my degree in political science, it was never my goal to run for an office, but I would love to be President, Vice-President, Secretary of State, etc etc.  Any of those offices that really know some top secret information. 

Kind of silly I know, but a girl can dream right?  

5 comments:

  1. Hello! And Happy 4th, or well, hope your 4th was fantastic! (It's the 5th by me now, haha.)

    I definitely do believe in the unexplained - I believe in ghosts and spirits, Nessie the Loch Ness Monster, fairies/pixies/brownies (or all of the above,) vampires (real ones... Not sparkly ones...) and of course, aliens! Let's not get started on dragons and such...

    But anyway! I love following unique news, including all the odd UFO reports that happen every month. It's pretty fun to listen, watch, discuss and ponder aliens. If they are real, I personally think they'd either look just like humans - just otherworldly or they would look like Thor from Stargate SG-1. ^_^

    Pleasure to meet you, especially over such a fantastic topic!

    ~ Angie

    ReplyDelete
  2. I also wonder about other life forms but usually I try not to dwell on the idea because I get freaked out, but now I am a little suspicious of the shuttle program ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE this post :D and I love thinking about stuff like these!I'd rather they be something like the Na'vi.haha.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'll definitely have to watch the new Transformers now! I get a little freaked out by the idea of extraterrestrials, but I definitely don't doubt that they're out there. The universe is way too big for us to be the only ones!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I haven't seen the new Transformers yet! I need to get a move on it! Space in general is so mind blowing. I think that some where there is another life form. There are so many universes and solar systems. I just can't believe that we are the only ones!

    P.s. have you seen the video of the iphone being sent to upper stratosphere in a weather balloon? Blake showed me and I though it was pretty cool! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wtXquYhY7wo

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear what you have to say! Please leave me a comment!