Friday, March 16, 2012

Wowsers

Wow what a year 2012 is turning out to be.

I mentioned around New Years that one of my goals for the year is to travel more. I'm happy to say that I have two "once in a lifetime" trip opportunities coming up! I've already mentioned my study abroad to London and Berlin, but the new announcement is that I'm going to NYC in just a few weeks!!

So, so, so excited!! First time going and I've wanted to go for forever!! The opportunity kind of came out of nowhere, but I'm so glad it did! I'll be traveling with a friend of my Uncle's and it's her first trip too. I just love how life brings people together and I know we're going to have a fantastic trip! We already have tickets to see a Broadway show Friday night, have talked about going to the MOMA, the WTC memorial, and a ferry ride to see the Statue of Liberty. I'm also considering a Braves/Mets game as my Braves just so happen to be in town the weekend we are there!

Any travel suggestions? I feel a little nervous and overwhelmed by thoughts of the big city, but mainly I'm super excited!!

I should also know in a few weeks if the Study Abroad is going to work out. I think it will, but I have to get a note from my doctor saying it's okay for me to travel overseas with my thyroid condition. We're talking about Western Europe for ten days, so it better be okay!

In other news, my life has taken a random ass tangent in the last few weeks. It's so weird and unexpected the people that are brought into your life and the relationships that develop. I'm involved in a situation now that's wrong, inappropriate, and all these things that should have had me walking away, but I didn't and I haven't. I didn't seek this out, but there's a connection there that can't be denied.

I am also well aware that it's all going to blow up in my face, and probably sooner rather than later. Apparently I have no sense of self preservation, in matters of the heart anyway. But scraping your heart off the ground is just part of life and I've done my fair share, so what's one more time? I feel like I have no choice but to ride it out until the end now, wherever that may take me.

1 comment:

  1. I hope you have fun in NYC. and I hope London works out - I'm actually going to London, too. July - December and I can't wait!

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear what you have to say! Please leave me a comment!