So at work the other day a lady mentioned that she and her family were going out of town to visit some states in the Northeast. She continued to tell me that it's her daughter's goal to visit all 50 states by the time she's 18.
I thought wow that's ambitious. I would have to try pretty hard to visit them all before I'm 30.
I remembered that I had previously made a list of the states I've been to and then of course the ones I haven't been to yet.
Sadly I have only been to 20 states so far. That's terrible! It's not even half! And I thought I was pretty well traveled.
Then of course I start wondering what actually makes a state count?
If I just drove through it, does it still count?
I say yes.
Does it count if I was only in the airport because I had a layover there?
I say no.
Does it count if I lived there, but was too young to actually remember?
Not sure on that one. But I lean towards yes.
So without further ado...the twenty states I have visited so far
1. California
2. Nevada
3. Utah
4. Arizona
5. New Mexico
6. Colorado
7. Kansas
8. Texas
9. Oklahoma
10. Arkansas
11. Tennessee
12. Mississippi
13. Alabama
14. Missouri
15. Georgia
16. Florida
17. Virginia
18. Maryland
19. Pennsylvania
20. Massachusetts
**I have also lived in Guam (although I don't remember that) and been to DC
So there you have it. I have many more states to go.
How many states have you been to? Do you even care? Or is it a goal to visit all 50?
I want to see the Carolina's, because I hear they're just beautiful and have a lot of the Southern Charm and history.
I want to see the Northeast, like Vermont, New Hampshire, Maine, and Rhode Island especially in the fall. I want to experience the beautiful fall foliage and see what it's like living near the Atlantic Ocean.
I want to go to New York and experience the fast paced city life of New York City.
I want to see Oregon and Washington. I specifically want to experience Seattle. I want to see the land during it's typical rain storm and see the lush forests.
I want to go to Montana and Wyoming to experience the wide open spaces and life on a ranch.
I want to see Hawaii and Alaska because both states have such natural beauties that you can only experience there.
I think it's time to plan a trip..
I would absolutely love to visit all 50 States someday. I've covered the East Coast, the Mid-west, and parts of the South but I still have a long way to go. I think I might be just over half at this point...
ReplyDeleteMontana and Wyoming are both absolutely stunning and full of adventure. Washington is great too, although I've never been to Seattle. And there is nothing like NY!
I too want to go to Hawaii and Alaska... but I have a feeling those may be on hold for a while, yet.
Good luck on your trip planning! And check out my blog post tomorrow (Friday) for a little surprise for you!
I had never counted before, but I just did. 17. That's kinda sad. I never really had a goal to go to all the states, but it's been my goal to go to all the continents (I've been to North and South America, Australia, Europe, and Antarctica so far)
ReplyDeleteKathy me too! I've always been more internationally oriented so I want to visit all the continents too. I'm not doing very well on that goal as I haven't been out of North America yet. But you're almost there!
ReplyDeleteI've always wanted to visit all 50 states, as long as I can remember. In fact I never wanted to travel internationally. Well, I have 13 states remaining of the 50 (and of course I have yet to see Alaska and Hawaii). I just started to travel internationally (not counting previous trips to Canada and Mexico) with Greece. I have a summer trip planned to see four more countries. I do love to travel :).
ReplyDeleteGood luck on your adventures. I hope you see something fun. Wisconsin is a great place to visit in the summer time ;).