I don't know if you've noticed or not, but there hasn't really been a Peace Corps update in a while. That's because unfortunately there is nothing to report.
I feel like I've gotten the run around at placement. I understand they've had a lot of changes with the budget cuts and WAY more applicants than positions available now, but still... Why does it have to be me that's been pushed to the way side??
I was told I wasn't qualified for a business placement, which I still don't agree with but that's an old story. I don't have enough experience to be competitive in the education department. So probably a month ago I sent over an addendum outlining my experience and interest in the health area. The placement officer let me know a week or so ago that she hasn't even gotten to review the whole document that I sent her. I emailed Friday to see what the status was and hoping for an update. She wrote back pretty quickly and said she hadn't forgotten me, she had just pulled my file and will be in touch with me Monday.
She's probably sorry she got my file because this has gotten kind of complicated. And she's a business placement officer not a health or education placement person. So she's having to review my info and then check with those departments to see if there's a place for me. I feel like it's not really looking good for me which is such a bummer. I sent my application in over a year ago and the nomination part went pretty smoothly. And then I waited and waited and waited for medical clearance which finally came at the end of April. I'm just having a hard time believing that it's the placement part that's really causing the delays now.
I just wish that if I wasn't going to get a placement I would have been cut loose a loooong time ago. That's a lot of waiting for something that may never happen. But I'm trying to remain hopeful, it just doesn't even feel like I've applied to Peace Corps. If I actually get a placement and a departure date it will REALLY feel surreal.
I'm still hoping that sometime next year I will find myself in another country working with the Peace Corps. So if you have any good thoughts left over or prayers or anything please send them my way and keep your fingers crossed that it's good news tomorrow!
And if it's not good news, if Peace Corps just isn't meant to be, then I will have to accept that and believe there's a reason it didn't work out. I'll keep working towards my Master's degree and keep looking for opportunities that will get me where I want to go.
Happy Sunday friends! Please send good thoughts my way for tomorrow!
And now I'm off to write a paper for class! :)
I hope you get some good news today. Keep us posted :)
ReplyDelete