Hello blogger world! Hope your week has gotten off to a good start.
Did you happen to watch the Miss America pageant this weekend? I did and while I could tell you who won, and even who was runner up, I couldn't tell you a whole lot more than that. If you missed it, I'm sure you still heard about Miss Wisconsin's mascara running all down her face after she was crowned Miss America.
Of course I had to root for Miss Tennessee considering she goes to the same University I attend. Unfortunately, she didn't make it past the top ten. I think it was a little messed up because her talent was better than several of those that made it on beyond her. Sorry guys, but Miss New York sounded hoooorrrrible. Maybe it was just nerves, but if that's the case maybe she shouldn't be singing.
There were a lot of dancers in the talent part, including Miss Oklahoma who I was a big fan of. After Tennessee was out, I was really hoping Miss Oklahoma would win it. She was the 1st runner up, so close, but no cigar.
I really shouldn't watch the pageants because I get so jealous during the swimsuit part. That sounds a little odd, but I'm jealous of their flat, even concave stomachs. These girls are all so stinkin skinny it's ridiculous!
Maybe I'm confused here too, but is there a Miss America pageant and a Miss USA? Or did I just dream that up?
Miss America wasn't the only pageant I watched this week. Have you heard of the show Toddlers and Tiaras?? I'm assuming yes. I watched this the other day and seriously..I was disturbed. I don't know how you all feel about pageants, especially for children, but I'm not necessarily against it. I think it's all about how the parents act and treat the child and the pageant.
In this episode one of the little girls, who is 4 years old, has an alter ego. I'm sorry, but this just blows my mind. I think kids should be creative and have imaginary friends, etc. But this alter ego is all for the wrong reasons and it was SO strongly encouraged by the mother. The girl's name is Carly and the alter ego is Darla or Darly. When the alter ego arrived Carly gets left at home and Darly or Darla is the performer.
This girl will need some psychiatric help in about 10 years. This same mother said it was like her and her daughter led the same life. When Carly was on stage it was like she was on stage. Ohh..so many things wrong with that statement. Clearly this woman is trying to project her dreams onto her daughter and live her life through her. This mom also demanded her daughter go into the restaurant and get a Mountain Dew before going back onstage because she thought she performed badly. Really?? You're going to force Mountain Dew on your 4 year old daughter? The daughter was left running after her yelling, but I don't need it!
One of the other mother's from this same episode was recently on Inside Edition for forcing Go Go juice on her daughter. Go Go juice is a combination of Mountain Dew and Red Bull. This is what we're forcing on our daughter's so they can perform better in pageants?
I think pageants could be fun. I do think they could be a fun way for young girls to play dress up and showcase their talents. As they get older it could be a good way to win scholarship money. But I don't agree with pageants being done this way. I think a lot of it really just comes down to the parents.
How do you all feel about pageants? See nothing wrong with Toddlers and Tiaras? Hate all pageants in general?
As diets can kind of go hand in hand with pageants, especially when you see the Miss America contestants I'm going to talk about that here. My boss recently started a diet and it's one she's been on before. It's called the Idot's Diet. It's an 11 day cycle and you're supposed to be able to lose around 7-8 pounds in those 11 days.
Well I thought I'd give it a try. Today is day number 2 and I have already cheated and stuffed my face with pizza tonight. Lol that is no lie. But I refuse to starve myself or go to bed hungry. Bottom line to any diet or trying to lose weight is eat less, eat better, and exercise more. Pretty plain and simple. I don't know how much further I'll go with this diet, but I like that it creates a menu for you. You select the items you like off a list, all of which are carbs or proteins, and they create an 11 day menu for you.
So yesterday I had bacon and sausage for breakfast. Ham slices and a banana milkshake for lunch. Cashews and strawberries for a snack. Dinner was tuna salad with only light mayo and onions, turkey slices, and grapes.
Today was supposed to be fruit for 3 meals and one meal of a sandwich. I had turkey with mustard, onion, and lettuce. The sandwich was pretty darn good and I've enjoyed all the fruit, but it was not going to do for dinner. So yes I had two small slices of pepperoni and one of cheese. I figured today was a carb day and pizza fit right in and I did get a healthier option with just cheese. Right?? Plus I did my new Pussy Cat Doll's workout video today :)
So yeah that's my spiel for the night. Sorry it was a long one!
I'm your 100th follower! Yay! I can't say that I've watched Toddler's and Tiaras but I can only imagine what they are doing to those poor children! Your diet sounds yummy, I may have to check it out!
ReplyDeleteHey! You commented on my blog so I thought I'd return the favour. Nice background :) I've only seen Toddlers and Tiaras a few times, but it always creeps me out. Especially when they do the before and after shots and they show you what the little girl looked like before all the make-up and everything... I think it would be cool to have talent shows or something for little kids (boys and girls) where they can perform if they want to, but having 3 year olds judged on their beauty (or anyone, really) is just wrong.
ReplyDeleteMiss America and Miss USA are two different pageants. Miss America is the one that raises money for scholarships and such. Miss USA is run my Donald Trump for profit.
ReplyDeleteI love toddlers and tiaras. Mckenzie is kinda amazing. 102 follower! :)
ReplyDeleteToddlers and Tiaras is a pretty disturbing show. I have a serious issue with parents who try to live vicariously through their kids to satisfy their unfulfilled dreams. And Go Go Juice? I think "Kidney Stones and Childhood Obesity Juice" is a much more truthful name. What is wrong with parents nowadays? Ugh.
ReplyDelete~Shane