I realize that my last two posts may not have been the most chipper or up beat. So I would like to turn that around a little by mentioning a few things that have just made me feel good the last few days.
First on the list is music. I have such a deep connection with music. It can bring me to tears. It can lift me up. It can inspire a good dance session while getting dressed for the day. It can make vacuuming and cleaning bathrooms seem not so bad.
Some new additions to my Ipod this week:
Rihanna- You Da One
Rihanna- We Found Love
Rihanna- California King Bed
Demi Lovato- Skyscraper
David Guetta and Nicki Minaj- Turn Me On
The Band Perry- All Your Life
Eli Young Band- Crazy Girl
As you can see some of these are have been great additions for the "dance session" kind of music. The others are good just belt it out kind of songs.
I just saw the video of Rihanna's California King Bed. Gorgeous of course. I have provided it here for your viewing and listening pleasure. =)
I also have to include Demi's video. I've heard her Skyscraper song before of course, but it's just really touching me right now. The chorus is so powerful.
You can take everything I have.
You can break everything I am.
Like I'm made of glass. Like I'm made of paper.
Go on and try to tear me down.
I will be rising from the ground.
Like a skyscraper.
My favorite verse:
Go run run run I'm gonna stay right here
Watch you disappear
Go run run run yeah it's a long way down
But I am closer to the clouds up here.
Lol I realize these aren't the most upbeat songs, but I'm enjoying them at the moment.
Another thing that puts me in a good mood is new books, especially when they're cheap. Thanks to my new kindle I've gotten just that the last few days! You can get great books either for free or super cheap. I just finished one book that had me laughing out loud and crying. Chasing Rainbows by Kathleen Long. I've never read anything by her before, but it was great and I only paid .99 cents for it! Books make me happy.
And something totally has to be said for watching a new movie that is good. Lol maybe "good" isn't the best word for these movies, but entertaining definitely. This last weekend I rented Hangover 2 and Fast Five. Both movies I watched by myself and I am well aware I looked like a goob laughing out loud while watching Hangover 2. My taste in movies might need some help, but it really doesn't take much to make me happy.
Apparently all it takes is a funny movie, a new book, and some good music. So for now I'm off to watch another new movie, either Moneyball or Larry Crowne. =)
What's putting you in a good mood these days?
Skyscraper - good choice! I just added to my youtube playlist :). And I am so anxious to see Fast Five!
ReplyDeleteI love Skyscraper! That is like the soundtrack of my life this year.
ReplyDeleteRihanna is one of my all time faves! Can listen to her music for hours! :-)
ReplyDeleteRight now, I'm loving "you make me feel" by cobra starship on my evening runs - gets me amped!! If you're a country fan, you can't go wrong with Blake Shelton's "All About Tonight"
ReplyDelete