It's official. I'm now in my late twenties. Hello 27.
It's been a good weekend. Today, my actual birthday has been a little quiet and that's really okay with me. Friday I got off work at noon and me and mom got manicures and pedicures. That night I went to a Japanese hibachi grill will my co-workers. It was a fun night and they completely spoiled me with balloons, flowers, and presents!!
I was telling a friend about the evening later and he said who needs a boyfriend when you have them?? He is absolutely right!
Saturday my dad and I went to the mall. Lol it was just like old times, when I was twelve and my parents would take me to the mall for my birthday. My dad did very good considering he HATES going to the mall. I guess it was okay because I was spending MY money and not HIS. :)
Saturday night I went to dinner with two friends and their hubby and boyfriend. So while I was totally the 5th wheel in the situation it didn't feel like it. It was friends out having a good time. They both have great guys and they were all so sweet to me, including buying my dinner! One friend even got us all friendship bracelets. Again, just like being twelve and in the best way possible!
Today my parents woke me singing happy birthday and dad bouncing on the bed. Dad had gotten donuts for breakfast and he made my cupcakes and he cooked us steak dinner!!
So as you can tell I have been utterly spoiled this weekend. I totally over ate, but hey calories don't count on your birthday right? Someone just needs to tell the scale that.
I got lots of new clothes this weekend, some were presents from others and some were presents to myself :) The Limited was having a 40% off sale this weekend and I really got some great tops!!
The Limited
Loving the stripes!
from The Limited
These little babies make me ready for warmer weather!!
from Body Central
Also from The Limited




Hooray!!! Happy birthday! And that does sound like an amazing celebration weekend. And no, none of it counts when you are this awesome and the day is all about you. :-D Tasty food is a requirement.
ReplyDeleteLoving the new clothes. I too love the sales at The Limited. Really liking that cardigan at the end with the polka dot long lapels!
Happy Birthday! 27 is a good age, don't let anyone tell you otherwise. I love the last to you got, super cute. I'm so happy your friends and family showed you how much you are loved. I hope 27 is your best year yet.
ReplyDeleteHappy Birthday! I too turn 27 this year. Closer to 30 then 20 these days ... yikes!
ReplyDeleteHappy (belated) Birthday!!
ReplyDeleteSounds like a fab weekend! Daryl and I were talking about you at dinner last night, remembering your visit last year. Miss you!
ReplyDelete