Have you ever had a crush on someone that maybe isn't "appropriate"? A teacher, a boss, a friend's dad or older brother? Well that is what I have going on right now. It's funny how just having a crush on someone kinda makes you feel better. Just makes me happy, livens things up a bit.
I might be revealing too much, but he is my professor and is just too cute. Blond hair and dimples. Gotta love the dimples. He's in his early thirties so definitely not out of my range. Pretty sure he's not married, but I don't know about a girlfriend.
Now I know nothing can happen while I'm in his class, but how do I go about laying some groundwork so maybe something could happen after the semester is over? Is there a good way to proceed here? I don't want anything to be awkward and I'd like to still be able to show my face at this school. Should I just avoid this situation altogether? Help!
In other news..the guy my friend was trying to set me up with totally bailed last night. It was supposed to be super low key, just some people hanging out, having a meal, doing a little trivia and he decided not to show up. So maybe that is that with him. Better to find out early on instead of later I think.
That's all for now friends! Happy Wednesday!!
Hey lady! You know, I have no idea how these things go. I have known several people who ended up dating professors, and one of them even MARRIED that professor just last summer, and looking back it's like... how did that even happen!? Whatever they were doing, it was subtle and low-key enough that I never noticed in or out of class. I feel like if there's a mutual attraction, it becomes apparent, at least to the two involved, and then it becomes a matter of great discretion, which is probably why I never knew about this girl marrying my philosophy professor until I saw the photos from their Greek honeymoon. I would say be mindful and careful while you are still in that class, since that is a definite issue rules-wise. Maybe see if this crush stays a crush over the course of the class. If you still feel this way when the class is over, and you think that he was warm enough to you during the class, maybe it could be worth mentioning once it's not a rules issue?
ReplyDeleteI don't know. I feel awkward giving this kind of advice because I feel like it's such a sticky subject. My gut says to not do anything unless you are seeing enough of this professor to notice that he is treating you in a more familiar way than most students, and if he is, he'd better only be acting friendly and not being creepy, because that is going to the other end of the spectrum. And I assume you want a relationship, not an awkward and very improper affair that has harassment and abuse of authority written all over it.
Sorry if this is unhelpful. I've been hit on by teachers before (in high school actually, not college, even creepier) and it always gave me that "uh oh" feeling of STAY AWAY STAY AWAY! It was the kind of attention that I would consider very negative, not someone who genuinely cared about me and wanted to get to know me enough to change the academic authority situation.
Reader's Digest version: wait it out and see. Don't do anything to jeopardize your schooling or his job. If it's really something to pursue later, it will make itself known. Somehow. I don't know. Yeah. I'm done now. :-)