Friday, November 11, 2011

11.11.11

Happy Friday and Veteran's Day everyone! 

Being that it's 11.11.11 it should be a special day!  I was watching The Talk yesterday and they had a numerologist specialist (?) on who said that today is a power day.  She suggested that we light a white candle and if we have any goals we still want to meet for 2011 to write them down and believe that it's not too late! 

Numerology to me is just fun and interesting, a lot like astrology.  So after watching the segment with the numerologist I thought I would look into it a little more.  One of the main things in numerology is the Life Path Number.  To get your number you break down your birth date into a single number. 

So if your birthday is January 1 1980, it would be 1+1+1+9+8+0=20  2+0=2 
Your life path number would be a 2. 

I found this Numerology website that breaks down what each Life Path number means and also talks about a Destiny number.  I don't know how much stock I actually put into all this, but like I said I think it's fun and interesting. 

My Life Path number and Destiny number seem a little contradictory of each other, but aren't we all just a bunch of contradicts? 

My Life Path number is an 8 and I love that it says I may be well suited for business or the political arena, considering that I'm going to school for political science.  It says I entered this plane to lead, direct, organize, and govern.  That I'm very ambitious and goal oriented.  All of this I agree with. 

It also says I could be a workaholic and that I'll look for satisfaction in materialistic things.  I don't think I'll ever be a workaholic because I love my free time and vacations too much.  I could agree with the materialistic suggestion because I do like nice things.  I don't think that's a bad thing.  I don't think that makes me better than anyone, I just appreciate nice things.  As long as I don't get carried away with that, I don't see any harm in spending my money the way I see fit. 

In relationships it says I am very frank and honest and that I have a great need for close personal relationships to soften my nature.  I don't think my nature needs softening, but I can agree with the rest. 

The Destiny Number is a way to break down your full name into numbers and tells us what we can aspire to become.  The letter chart to break down your FULL name is here. 

My Destiny number is a 2.  I love that it talks about me being an idealist (because I definitely am) and I also found it interesting that it says 2's have a strong spiritual connection not found in other numbers.  Apparently many psychics are 2's. 

In both the Life Path and Destiny numbers it talks about a positive or negative number and that can also affect how your number reads.  I'm not really sure how you know if you're a positive or negative number, but check it out friends!  Let me know if you think your number sounds like you or if it's waaay off. 

****************

Finally, in other news...  I interviewed Wednesday for the promotion at my work.  I used to think I was a pretty good interviewer, but they get me every time!  Last time I interviewed they asked me a question that I wasn't quite sure how to answer at the time.  (What is your managing style?)  So I was ready for it this time, had a good answer prepared and then they don't ask it!!  I didn't interview bad, but I thought I could have done better for sure. 

They let me know that they would make a decision by the next day.  Sooo...they wait until after 5 o'clock to let us know anything, but I sort of got the promotion.  Lol it's actually going to work out exactly like how I hoped, just not immediately.  I will be Assistant Vice President in training for 90 days and then they will reevaluate.  They said they know I'll be ready and I get to stay at the location I'm currently at so I don't have to worry about an hour commute!! 

I would have loved for the promotion to be effective NOW, but I can live with the 90 days.  I'm definitely going to prove myself, and maybe I won't have to wait the whole 90 days.  Either way I get to stay at a location where I'm happy and comfortable and I'll get the promotion!  So all in all I think it's a winner! =) 

I was trying to stay positive, but I was nervous.  I kept telling myself that I've done the things I needed to do and I've put myself in the right place so there was no reason for it not to work out for me, right?  I was telling myself that if I was asked to go to another branch or wasn't promoted at all then it was for a reason. 

Friends I'm feeling pretty good about things right now.  Thanksgiving is just two weeks away can you believe it???  Crazy.  I just recently bought tickets to go to Vegas in December to see my brother and nephew.  I'm pretty excited, it'll be nice to see them so close to Christmas and I haven't been to Vegas in 3 years. 

Do you have any exciting plans for the holidays??  Do you ever do volunteer work around the holidays?  Work at a soup kitchen or anything on Thanksgiving?  I've been talking about doing it for years, maybe this year I will. 

That's all for now friends.  Go light a white candle and focus on your dreams on this power day!

1 comment:

  1. That's interesting about the life path number! :) I've never heard of that before. And hooray for this time of year! So much to look forward to. Vegas sounds like a blast!

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear what you have to say! Please leave me a comment!