Saturday, November 5, 2011

Too Many Opinions

I'm not a very loud person, but I think I can be an opinionated person.  I think I'm pretty easy going, definitely willing to go with the flow, but I will let you know my opinion.  If I have an opinion about something or think a certain way might be easier or better I'm going to let you know.

I've never really thought this to be a bad thing.  I'm not a gossip and I don't mean to give my opinions in a mean or malicious way.  Maybe I'm having a bad week.  Maybe I'm being too sensitive.  Maybe I'm just giving my opinion a little TOO much lately. 

I feel like my opinions have caused personal problems with someone close to me.  I see this person on a daily basis, but get a weird vibe from her sometimes.  At first I thought it was work related, but I think now it's on a personal level.  Like she doesn't like me personally anymore. 

She's a very nice person, always tries to think the best of everyone and give them the benefit of the doubt and I guess I don't.  My view isn't always the nicest or the rosiest, so maybe I should just learn to keep my mouth shut.  It's not my intention to be rude or negative, just real. 

It's kind of funny isn't it that I can be so opinionated and yet so sensitive when I think someone doesn't like me anymore? But it has left me feeling that way.  I feel lonely and alone in general.  I pretty much have two friends that I would even see that live in this area and I hardly even see them.  There's barely anyone that I could really talk to anymore.  So I blog and tell all of you. 

In some other news I've put my name in the hat at work for a promotion.  I'll probably interview sometime next week.  There are two openings and they are both at branches that are an hour from my house.  I really don't want to drive an hour one way for work, but I knew I had to apply or they definitely wouldn't promote me at the branch I'm at.  So that's what I'm hoping for, that they'll promote me where I am.  If I get offered one of the other branches, I don't know what I'll do.  At first I said I wouldn't accept it, because the thought of adding two hours to my day just in drive time doesn't sound very exciting.  Maybe a change will be good though, especially considering the vibe I've been getting from one of the ladies I work with.  But we will see.  Like I mentioned in one of my last posts, whatever happens, I'm sure it'll be for a reason.   

Happy weekend friends!  And don't forget to fall back!  Yay for an extra hour!!  Am I the only one that is kind of fascinated by the time change?  We literally get to live an hour twice.  That extra hour in the day we wish for sometimes?  It gets granted this one day of the year.  Enjoy!

5 comments:

  1. Daylight savings sounds pretty cool. We don't have that in South Africa though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck on the promotion! Hopefully they'll value you at your current location so you don't have to commute.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Never be afraid to be yourself. To quote the late great Dr. Seuss: "Be who you are and say how you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind." It's a cliche quote, but hey, it's true. :D

    If she can't handle you then I would call that a personal problem on her part.

    ~SP

    ReplyDelete
  4. I, like you, am opinionated and unafraid to speak my mind. And honest. I always wonder, who decided there is a limit to honesty? Yeesh. I'm sorry to hear about the situation with your co-worker. Hopefully, it will blow over in a few days. If it doesn't, then it is her personal issue and not yours. It's still a work environment and they should conduct themselves as such. And there is nothing wrong with feeling sensitive about it, and opinionated at the same time. It means you're human.

    Good luck with the promotion!! I hope everything works out. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I wish I was more like you. I tend to just blurt out whatever I'm thinking whenever I think it. Maybe there's a happy medium between the two of us? :) Good luck with the promotion!

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear what you have to say! Please leave me a comment!