Do you ever think of someone and even though you know they have passed away you still kind of don't believe it? I don't even mean a recent death, but whenever you think of them you think of them in a current sense. Kind of hard to explain I guess.
I've been thinking of a high school classmate that passed away more than 6 years ago. He was one of those people that always had a smile and a joke for you and just an overall happy and pleasant person. I wasn't even super close with him, but I find myself thinking about him pretty often. Funny how some individuals can have an impact on you and you both not even realize it at the time.
I was relaying the story of his death to one of my co-workers and got so emotional about it. It was just such an unfortunate car accident that happened only 10 minutes away from my house. I've talked about him and his story before and it's never gotten to me like that, but I guess I'm just in a deeper and more emotional place right now.
Other things that have caused me to cry this week..
- a birthday card for my dad (since it almost made me cry I knew it was the right one)
- a song on the radio...I don't even think it was a sad song, but it had me near tears
- reading the news. There was a story about a father who is only 31 and his 5 year old son that were badly burned in a house fire.
How's your week going? It's almost Thanksgiving!! Think I might do some Christmas shopping this weekend! =)
I know exactly what you mean. Ever since my friend passed away this summer, it just seems that everything is getting to me. I'm usually pretty sensitive to music and movies, but now I'm just a basket case any time there's anything sad, sweet, or even remotely sentimental! I try to think about Zach being happy in a better place and that makes me cry, too!
ReplyDeleteDealing with the death of a loved one is always hard, no matter how much time has passed.
ReplyDeleteI hope you have a good weekend, free of tears :)
I cry ALL THE TIME. The littlest things set me off (commercials, watching an old couple cross the street together, the trailer for the Muppets)…but I always always always end up bawling my eyes out when I buy my dad a birthday/fathers's day card. I know walking into the store that I'll find the sappiest card and end up with mascara down my cheeks.
ReplyDelete