The contents of this page are mine and do not represent the positions, views or intents of the U.S. Government, or the United States Peace Corps.
Sunday, January 9, 2011
3 Wishes
So last night I was watching the Disney movie Aladdin with my family (I love Disney movies!). Of course I've seen this movie many times, but this time when Aladdin was stuck in the cave and rubs the magic lamp for the first time and the Genie appears and tells him he gets 3 wishes, I started wondering what would I wish for if given that chance? World peace so that my brother in the Air Force would never have to return to the Middle East? A cure for cancer? I've lost three grandparents to the disease. Or maybe selfishly my own private tropical island? Really at the end of the day what would I wish for? How would my wishes be different if say I lived in Asia or Africa? Would I wish just to have running water and electricity every day? Enough food to feed my family every day? Or more importantly would I just wish that me and my family would be safe every day? What makes a good wish? We all know that money isn't the answer to happiness, and I'm sure for everyone the answer to happiness is different. How about the wish to make a difference in someone's life? That's what peace corps represents to me, a chance to make changes in my life and hopefully make a difference in someone else's life. But I guess the real goal is to look for opportunites every day to make a difference. I know I don't have to go to another country to be able to make a difference, but I want to for so many different reasons.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment
I love to hear what you have to say! Please leave me a comment!