Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Artistic Endeavors

I booked my flight to Houston tonight.  I'll be going the first week of March to visit my uncle.  It's kind of become a tradition over the last few years that I take a trip around my birthday.  The vacation is coming a week or so after the bday this year, but I still enjoy going on a vacation early in the year.  I was just in Houston in October, seeing my uncle for the first time in probably 10 years.  I'm definitely happy to be going back and keeping the family ties strong.  We realized when I was there we have a lot of things in common and are definitely related!  When I was there in October we did a lot of artsy things, went to a museum, took in an art show..fun stuff.  This time we're going to a rodeo and hopefully seeing Sugarland perform.  I'm excited!  When I returned from Houston last time I was inspired to work on some of my own creative endeavors.  I've always enjoyed taking pictures and think some of my photos aren't half bad.  I want to post some here for everyone's viewing pleasure :)






I would love to do something artistic as a career, take photographs that end up in TIME or a travel magazine, write novels that both entertain and touch people's lives, or sing and write songs because I love how music can take us back to a different time and place and can inspire or describe an emotion better than we thought possible.  I don't know if I have any actual talent for any of these things because I've never really dedicated any true time or effort into them, but maybe one day. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear what you have to say! Please leave me a comment!