Lately I've been feeling like I am very content with my life right now and don't know when the last time was I really felt this way. It's a nice feeling I must say. I'm very happy with my job, again, happier than I have been at a job in a long time. I work 15 minutes from my house with three other ladies. It's a laid back environment, but we're all motivated and strive to do good things for ourselves, each other, and to better our branch. One of these ladies had become a regular work out partner and friend. We spend some days pigging out on chocolate, pizza, and Mexican food and then the next day we're motivating each other at the gym.
Going to the gym is also a part of my new found contentment. I recently joined a gym at the end of December with my mom and have been going pretty regularly. I actually feel kind of addicted to it, like I never have before. When I'm at the gym I just want to keep doing more cause it doesn't feel like enough. I've really been in a mood to run lately and it's exciting to see how I've been able to run 4 mins straight one day, 5 mins the next day and just the continued improvement. And I know to some of you this is so not a big deal, but I used to really hate running on a treadmill so it's good for me :) I used to go to the gym, but for the last year I had stopped going. I don't know if it was the job, the people I was hanging around, or maybe just a general kind of depression and lack of caring. I have been able to see the consequences of me not working out body wise, so it's nice to get back into the groove and improve myself physically and mentally.
Another part of my contentment is my friends. Sometimes I realize how lucky I really am. I don't have scores of friends and I don't go out all the time. But the friends I have, the true friends, don't let me down. One particular friend has really stepped up lately, and I don't know if it's because he knows I needed someone because someone else has kind of stepped back in my life, or if he's just being him, just being my friend. Whatever the reason, I'm thankful. And he is one that has allllways supported peace corps and my need to do it. He is the friend mentioned in previous posts that tried to talk me into going Ukraine the night I backed out. And I'm pretty confident that wherever peace corps sends me I can expect a visit from him.
I was going to include some irritations in the post as well, but I don't want to bring down the nice things with some crabbiness. Some things are forgivable and I can look past now, such as allll my recorded shows being deleted this morning even though I haven't gotten to watch all of them. I was annnngry, but it's better now because I found I can watch the show online. This person is now somewhat forgiven :)
Does anyone else haven an ex that for whatever reason just doesn't want to go away? Mine is my first love, we dated for two years and he ended up doing me wrong in so many ways. I'm past that now, really I am, but I have been plagued by not good memories of him lately. Maybe it's because he's been texting and wanting to do lunch even though he's married and has a child now. (I haven't gone to lunch with him) Grr I don't know. It'll work itself out, but don't be surprised if there is more venting about him later. :)
In actual peace corps news, I mailed my medical kit a week ago and have no updates as of yet. Hopefully within another week or so I'll at least receive dental clearance.
No comments:
Post a Comment
I love to hear what you have to say! Please leave me a comment!