Medical Clearance, my friends, it is finally here!!!
I awoke this morning with the email from Peace Corps saying there has been an update to my toolkit.
I immediately grab my computer and see that YES medical is complete with no holds!!
So so glad that that wait is over.
Sorry for all the complaining in regards to it, but thanks for bearing with me.
Now we go on the journey of waiting to be contacted by Placement and the actual Placement.
I hope, I hope, I hope my program is still open.
I think..lol, I hope Dominican Republic is a good program.
But I would be living in the Caribbean so how bad could that be?
It's a great place to talk people into coming to visit :)
And I hope my placement officer feels I am qualified to do Business Advising like my recruiter thought.
However, I am not going to stress now, the longest, hardest part is over.
I will end up where I am meant to be and I will be happy about it!
Wow! Congrats! That sounds like an awesome adventure! I hope you do get to go to the Dominican Republic. I've never been there, but my cousin married a wonderful girl who is from there and she and her family are wonderful, delightful people!
ReplyDeleteSimply Kate
Congratulations! I woke up to the same message, but my nurse had already emailed me yesterday to let me know she cleared me and sent my letter out in yesterdays mail. It's a great feeling to wake up to a notification that your tool box has been updated - it makes it feel real! I see you are also a CSA nominee for September - I am for August/September, so maybe we will both here something soon!
ReplyDeleteCongrats on clearing another hurdle!
ReplyDeleteBest wishes.
I just found your blog through 20SB - truly inspirational! I'm excited to follow along on your journey!
ReplyDeleteCongratulations!!
ReplyDeleteThat's fantastic news. I'm still awaiting my Med clearance. fingers crossed. My nomination is for this july/august, and here's hoping that all pans out.
ReplyDeleteQuestion, (i've only just started reading your blog)how long did it take for your clearance to go through?
Hey Jesse! It took 11 weeks to get my medical clearance..seemed like forever! 11 weeks seemed like a popular number for other nominees, hopefully yours is around the corner!
ReplyDelete