Friday, April 22, 2011

So You Think You're Special

This post is inspired by an ordeal that happened at work today. 

We had a lady member that wanted us to make an exception to one of the credit union's rules, because..well because she thinks she's special apparently. 

Now customer service is all about making the customer feel appreciated and letting them know we thank them for their business.  This is a very important part to any customer service business. 

However, I do think there is a line. 
I'm not going to let you disrespect me, nor will I make myself look like an ass in an effort to give you what you want and keep your business. 

I don't know if this lady thought that the amount of money in her account would make a difference, or the fact that she's been with us for however long, or that her mortgage is with us..etc. etc. 
I think she thought these things made her special and above our regulations. 
I'm sorry to tell her she's wrong. 

That sounds kind of harsh, because it is important to make people feel special and valued. 
When they deserve it. 
In my mind, this lady didn't deserve it today.

Special is a word I've always used to describe the relationship I want or the man I want to date.

I want to be in a relationship where the man treats me SPECIAL. 

I mean don't we all?
I don't want to be treated better than someone else, I just want to be treated special. 
Where you put in just a little extra something for me. 
I think feeling special in your relationship is pretty much a necessity.

It's nice to feel special in other areas of life too.

 
Today my boss organized an easter egg hunt for me and my fellow co-workers. 
This hunt involved candy and prizes! 
Three adults searching for easter eggs inside the bank made for an interesting sight I'm sure, but it was so much fun!



Has anyone made you feel special today? 
I hope so!

1 comment:

  1. I love, love, love that you had an Easter egg hunt at work.

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear what you have to say! Please leave me a comment!