Thursday, April 21, 2011

Taking a Little ME Time

I have to admit...I'm tired. 
Nothing unusual has happened or gone on this week, but I'm tired all the same. 

When this happens I think it's extremely important to take some "me" time.  Spoil and pamper myself a little and not be ashamed to spend an entire day in pjs. 

I started with a bubble bath last night.  A manicure and pedicure today. 
I have three days off in a row starting Saturday and hope to fit a haircut in there somewhere.
Ahh yes..sounds lovely.

What do you do to pamper yourself? 
A dinner out?  A massage?  Staying in bed all day?  All of the above?

Also, in regards to this me time I plan on continuing, I want to have more FUN. 
I don't want everything to be about work and waiting to hear from the Peace Corps. 

I read on another blog about a girl that has been a camp counselor at a girl's summer camp. 
I really want to do this now!  It sounds like so much fun. 

I have only been to an overnight camp twice in my life. 
Once when I was in 6th grade and lived in California.  It was a tradition at that school and all the 6th graders went to camp for a week.

The second time was when I was a freshman in college.  Again this was through the school.  For all incoming freshman they offered a frosh camp.  It was a chance to learn about the school, meet some fellow classmates, and have a TON of fun. 

So I've had two great experiences with camp and would love to be apart of making a great time, a great summer for some young girls. 

With camp on the brain I decided to look into some adult camps that maybe I could go to.  Not be a counselor, but be the "camper"..lol 
One camp that I'm really interested in doing is a surf camp!  I've always wanted to learn how to surf, it's on my list to do before I'm 30 :)
Now this camp is in North Carolina and only goes for three nights, but the cost includes lessons and all the equipment (i.e. surfboard) you would need, plus lodging and some meals.  The dates for this camp are in late August and September so it will depend on my Peace Corps situation.

So I'm feeling excited right now about some things coming up, some FUN things. 

Including a Backstreet Boys/New Kids on the Block concert in June.. I know you're jealous ;)
I've looked into taking some Spanish lessons, in hopes that my Dominican Republic nomination will stick. 
Maybe a camp counselor job is in my future.  Or maybe even an adventure camp for myself. 

Anything is possible right?

Happy Thursday to you all!  I hope this week has treated you well!

1 comment:

  1. I have always wanted to be camp counselor, too! Well, always meaning I've been thinking about it for a few years now. And I found a week long women's surf school in San Diego that I'm considering :).

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear what you have to say! Please leave me a comment!