When watching a rerun of a Sex and the City episode, this is a question Carrie asks.
(Gotta love some SJP!)
Is it time to stop questioning?
Is it human nature to question EVERY thing? Or is that just my nature?
If you've read my blog any you would see that I tend to ask a lot of questions.
When is it time to stop questioning? Stop questioning and just live. Just let it be.
In regards to my work situation, I decided not to apply for the new position.
I just couldn't feel good about it.
I weighed all the pros and cons..perhaps a bit too much.
I have a habit of over thinking things sometimes and beating a dead horse if you will.
But in the end I decided that anything you want, you should be willing to fight for.
And I didn't want to fight for it, so that speaks volumes to me.
Maybe I'm wrong in my decision.
Maybe I'm taking the easy way out.
But whatever the outcome, I'll live with my decision.
I do know that I can't keep questioning everything!
I wish I was one of those people that could just throw caution to the wind and jump head first, feet first, whatever..into any situation.
Instead, I'm an observer.
I like to sit back and think. And watch. And weigh all the odds.
I worry too much about making a mistake that sometimes I don't do anything.
That my friend, results in being stagnant and the potential for being in that rut I worried about.
Anyone else have these problems? Or are you the opposite?
Are you the person that jumps in without worrying about the consequences?
**On a final note, I have reached a milestone with my blog! Over 50 posts! I hope you have enjoyed reading them as much as I have enjoyed writing them.
Happy Tuesday everyone!
I am right there with you - going through the same thing. Have a great thing going, and afraid to rock the boat (so to speak) so I just keep going on and taking it one day at a time. But at some point, I think we just need to jump int. But there is definitely something to be said for finding the right moment. But after awhile ... you tend to get more and more weary of finding the moment. Uh ... speaking of which, I need to go study for my GMAT :)
ReplyDeleteLove that SATC episode! Congrats on your 50th post ... I just hit by 100th yesterday!
I've found that thinking too much can stand in the way of doing. And sometimes, you just need to DO. You'll never really know the answer until you try, right? And if what you decided to do doesn't work out, then try something else. Don't have so much pride or ego about failure (this is of course, the pot calling the kettle black) because then you'll never do anything. It's all about taking risks! Some thinking should be involved, of course. But ultimately, go with your gut. It gives you an answer and minimizes the thinking involved!
ReplyDeleteAlso, mistakes are part of life. We all make them, all the time. But mistakes aren't failures. Hardly. They are opportunities to learn and grow, and become a better, stronger, wiser person. It's all about how you look at it.