Don't you just love the weekend?
There is nothing better than getting off work on a Friday evening.
My weekend has started with a glass of wine, a chicken alfredo dinner, pajamas, and soon to be a movie.
The Tourist or Hereafter?? Which to watch?
I took this picture last weekend, right in my backyard.
Pretty isn't it?
Last weekend was pretty busy.
Friday night I had dinner with the ladies from work.
Saturday was a work day followed by a movie night. I also flew a kite Saturday afternoon.
My mom got it at a yardsale for a $1. Score!
I think that might have been the first time I EVER flew a kite. Lots of fun. =)
Sunday I went to a Redbirds baseball game (that's our minor league team here in Memphis)
Sunday was a fun day, it was a little interesting though because I went to the game with an ex-boyfriend and two of his friends. His friends are great, but this was the first time I've seen the ex in about a year and a half. I had previously turned down any invitation by this ex to go out. I'm not sure what made me accept this time except maybe I was feeling the pressure from everyone wondering why I wasn't going on dates.
I just always worried about leading him on.
If I went out with him maybe I would be getting his hopes up?
Maybe that's egotistical of me?
Anyway the day was fine, except for the massive headache I ended up with. I went home after the game and the other 3 went to meet some other people out. They were going to a place where another "ex" works. Remember the guy from the previous post that I had a dream about? Yeah that's the one.
So besides the headache, I DEFINITELY wasn't going to go there and possibly run into him.
Well at the end of the day, the ex I went to the game with wanted to know when he could see me again.
I made the mistake of letting him know I had three days off coming up and I meant it as ONE of those days would be good. Like we could get together for dinner or a movie.
But because we live about two hours apart, I think he thinks we'll be spending a few days together. When we were dating we would stay the night at one another's house on the weekend to make the most out of our time together. So he asked if I would be coming there or him coming here.
Uhhhh...great. So now it's kinda awkward in that I have to set him straight or go stay the night there or something.
He's a nice guy he just doesn't make the heart go pitter patter.
We dated for 6 months and weren't in love at the end of it so to me that meant it was never going to be there. I wasn't ok with that, but he was ok in letting things continue.
Unless he was in love and just never said it?
The bad part is that my parents like him. So I catch a little grief from them about it.
I have the feeling that the guy I end up with, hopefully marry, my parents may not be the biggest fan of.
The guys my parents like are the ones I'm not so crazy about.
But I can't say I've ever really brought a guy around that they just hated, not recently anyway. ;)
So that is the breakdown of my eventful past weekend.
I'm ready to see what this weekend has in store!
What do you have planned??
Happy Friday!
Cool blog, I just found it. Hope it read more of it.
ReplyDeleteMicah