I'm not gonna lie, it hasn't been a fantastic day. But is the first day back to work after vacation ever fantastic? It was hectic and a little frustrating and I'm not in the happiest place with some things both professionally and personally and on top of all that it's cold and rainy. Yay.
I have been reading some blogs and that has helped put me in a better mood and maybe a little philosophical (ish). Reading other blogs just makes me think of the kind of person I wish I was or dream about being. Makes me think about the different kind of life I could live.
To some degree I wish I was a sophisticated lady that gave house parties where my friends came dressed to the nines to have cocktails. I wish I could look polished and "together", but the truth is I can never quite pull it off. I'm more likely to have a pajama party that includes myself and 2 cats and a dog. I'm always rushing and running behind so I always tend to look a little disheveled, a little awkward, a little clumsy.
I also want to live on a ranch and raise horses. Wear jeans, plaid shirts, and boots most of my days with a hunky man to help me with the physical labor. I think it sounds like a very content kind of lifestyle, working the land and raising a family. However, I really know nothing about horses, have never owned one and only ridden a handful of times. Maybe it's not too late to learn.
Right now I feel just so mainstream, so regular, so ordinary. I don't want to use the word mediocre, I just don't like the sound of that. I feel like I tend to fly below the radar. I'm not the loud, crazy, funny, outgoing person that seeks attention. I'm the kind of person you have to get to know. I'm loyal, genuine, intelligent and those aren't the traits that just draw attention. I'm feeling unnoticed, at work and in some friendships.
This is sounding like a poor poor me post and it's definitely not meant to be. I actually want to encourage everyone to be the person you wish to be, live the life you've imagined. My calendar quote of the month is "ALWAYS REMEMBER YOUR BRILLIANCE" ~Alexandra Stoddard.
No I'm not the outgoing, polished, sophisticated lady, but I am worth knowing. I am a good friend, co-worker, daughter, sister. I have moments of genius (I like to think), moments of clutsy awkwardness (more than I like to admit) but I think it adds to the charm.
I read cheesy romance novels, I love Disney movies, my pets are like family members, I drink my coffee with lots of sugar, I love country music, the Braves are my FAVORITE baseball team, I sing with the radio ALL the time, I think I've only been in love once, although there were several "almosts".
All in all, I AM ME. And that's ok.
No comments:
Post a Comment
I love to hear what you have to say! Please leave me a comment!