Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Horror Movie Setting

Happy Wednesday everyone!  Today is my off day from work (yay!) and I just finished a lunch of macaroni and cheese and sour cream and onion chips.  Yum!  That is definitely a combination I will miss whenever I leave for peace corps. 

Today has not been the most productive day, but included two hours at the doctor's office. 
I've had a small bump on my lower back for over a month now that just hasn't gone away and since I tan from time to time I just wanted to make sure everything was ok. 
(I know I know tanning is terrible for your skin)
Maybe I've been watching too much Grey's Anatomy, I just finished season 5 where Izzie gets metastatic melanoma that started out as a mole on her lower back.  What can I say?  I love that show!
Well the doc doesn't think it's anything to be worried about but she cut it out anyway and is sending it off to be biopsied.  This resulted in a needle stick for a local anesthetic, a piece of my back being cut out, and a stitch or two that has to be removed in a week.  I don't think I've ever had stitches before, lol granted I got like ONE stitch, but still I think this was my first time. 

And the really big story of the day is about how FREAKED out I got last night. 
So yesterday morning, in those last few hours before waking, I was having a bad dream. 
Ever see the movie Scream?  Yeah, it was similar to that.  A man in that stupid mask chasing me with his big ole knife.
Lovely right?  And since I had the dream so close to waking, it stuck with me all day.  Not that I thought some guy in a mask was gonna show up to kill me, but just left that UGH, kind of unsettled feeling. 
Fast forward to last night.  It's real windy outside and supposed to rain and our house is set a good distance off the road (perfect setting for a horror movie).  As I'm getting ready for bed I think I hear something outside.  I turn on the back porch light to see if maybe the wind has moved some furniture around on the back deck and see that my cat wants inside.  I HATE opening the door when I'm creeped out.  But I quickly open the door, let the cat in, and secure the lock again.  I decide the noise I heard was probably nothing.

Just after I get in bed and turn the light off, I hear a noise that sounds like someone on our front porch.  I wait a minute and then distinctly hear someone knocking on our front door!  It's after midnight at this point.  I turn the light back on and get up to look. 
The knocking continues and whoever it is, is shining a flashlight into our living room window.  Instinct tells me to jump back in bed and throw the covers over my head and hope they go away.  Instead I do the brave thing and duck through the living room and go wake my dad.  =)  By the time my dad gets to the door, the person is walking back to their car.  My mom had told me to go back to my room, but of course I stand at the door keeping an eye out.  We had no idea who was out there and I wanted to make sure my dad wasn't shot or stabbed or something else crazy like that. 
It's really an anti-climactic ending to the story here as it turned out it was the cops at our door looking for a neighbor.  I don't know if they just got the wrong house, or if they thought this person was hiding out here. 

It took me a little bit to calm down after all that though.  Bad dreams and someone knocking on our door at midnight shining a flashlight into our house on a windy night had me a little shaken up.  Thankfully, I have a friend that I can text after midnight that will talk to me.  Just need a little human contact and some reassurance after an event like that. 
Hopefully tonight will be peaceful with sweet dreams! 
 

1 comment:

  1. Haha oh my gosh! I would have freaked out. I'm glad you got the biopsy done! I'm sure everything is just fine.

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear what you have to say! Please leave me a comment!