Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Exciting Updates!

I am very excited tonight!  Good things are happening and everything I hoped for in my Power of Positive Thinking post is coming true! 

I've been accepted into graduate school and tonight when I came home from work I had a message from my Peace Corps placement officer.  I'm going to call her back tomorrow and I'm hoping I will have my final interview and then some news on a placement.  It's so exciting to know the time is here, that hopefully very soon I will know when and where I will be going!  It's also nerve wracking and there's a lot to think about when picking up your entire life and leaving the country, but I'm not going to think about those tonight.   

Also me and my D.C. guy have been talking about a visit.  We were looking at some days in October for me to come up there, but when I looked at plane tickets they were in the $500 range.  Now I really want to see this guy, but I can't get on board with that.  Today I looked at tickets and it was down to $300!  Much more manageable! 

Isn't it just strange how things seems to come together?  Who  cares about a guy I knew for two months that doesn't want to see me anymore?  I have my whole future in front of me and opportunities that are working themselves out. 

I am just so excited and ready to get my Master's Degree and complete my Peace Corps travels and maybe somewhere along the way the right guy will come along.

Did you count the number of times I said excited in this post?  Or how about the !!! marks? 
That's right, I'm a pretty darn happy person tonight.  =)

I hope good things are happening for all of you as well!  Fingers crossed that I will have a more specific update for you all very soon!

6 comments:

  1. OMG exciting! Good luck on the interview - I'm sure you will kill it! I'm actually a little jealous you have time to prepare! I got the call and the guy wanted to do it at that very moment! Can't wait to see what he says!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is terrific! I hope things continue to smooth out for you. And I hear you on the plane ticket. I watched tickets to NYC for Thanksgiving forever and finally got a decent deal.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Heey:)) LOVE ur blog. its very nice. Wanna follow each other?
    kisses
    XX


    lastylemuse.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations on the acceptance to grad school! What will you be getting your Master's in?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yaaaaayyy exciting life changes! Whooo!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations on the grad school acceptance!!! That is great news! And so great to hear that other parts of your life are falling into place as well - always a great feeling! Best of luck on your interview! Fingers crossed and cannot wait to hear how it goes!

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear what you have to say! Please leave me a comment!