Thursday, August 25, 2011

Quit Playin Games With My Heart

I swear my life, along with my heartbeat, has been all over the place lately.  I'm up, I'm down, and I don't know whether I'm coming or going.

I got a few good pieces of advice on my last post in regards to my Peace Corps placement.  So today I emailed my placement officer...twice.  I didn't hear back from her, so maybe she has just written me off since the placement is a no right now.  But maybe she was just busy and will get back to me.  I asked if I did some volunteer work teaching ESL if that could get me a placement.  I also asked what kind of experience a person needed for a business placement.  I don't understand why there seems to be no communication between the person that gives the nomination and the person that gives the invitation. Why are people being nominated for programs that once it gets to placement they're told they're not qualified for?  It's frustrating. 

And I also asked about a health position.  That had never been mentioned to me before, but one of my lovely readers and Peace Corps Invitee said it was suggested to her.  So I hope the placement officer is checking into that for me. 

I have to say on the one hand, it's a little of a relief to NOT be going.  I definitely want to go and I'm still trying to make it happen, but at the same time it's a relief to not have to worry about leaving my life and home behind for two years.  Now I would be able to continue my graduate studies in the Spring.  I don't have to stress about saving money to make my car payment while I'm gone.

In general, there's just a lot going on with my medical situation.  My doctor appointments for next week is now up to four.  I'm actually going to cancel one so I can work that morning and then be able to go to my class that night.  That is if I can register and pay for class tomorrow.  There has been a lot of juggling with my work schedule lately and it leads to some stress. 

There is some good news in this post I promise!  Just when I'm beginning to think I totally didn't get into the writing workshop I applied for, I received a call tonight telling me I was accepted!  And that it starts Monday..lol.  Thanks for the notice.  But I'm excited.  That means I'll have the writing workshop every Monday and class on Tuesdays.  I can't believe it's going to start in just a matter of days though!

That's all for tonight dears!  I hope things aren't as hectic and crazy in your life as they are in mine!

I hope you all have a fantastic weekend!

5 comments:

  1. Wow. Things really sound busy for you. Just keep pushing through.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank YOU for all of your insightful and kind comments, milady! Always glad to be a friend. :-)

    And just maybe, even though it sucks right now, your relief to not be rushing off to another country real fast will be able to lend itself to getting you fixed up with the doctor. If you've just found out about a condition that is going to take some time and medicine and et cetera to get under control, then maybe this is one of those universe-helping-you-out-in-a-strange-way kind of deals by "freeing" up your calender a little bit. (I always hate that, though, because then I end up thinking, "Why couldn't I just have what I want, I'll figure out how to deal with this other stuff, it'll be fine, geez!") So far the universe still continues to deal with my problems in its own way. :-) Small comforts, right?

    In the meantime, keep breathing. Focus on getting better, enjoy the fancy-shiny-newness of grad school for a little while, and let the Peace Corps lay where it is. Continue to go after it, but put yourself first, and the PC will work out when it works out. I'm pullin' for ya!

    ReplyDelete
  3. (Also, I mean to say, as soon as I saw your title, I started singing... ;-D! Yaaaay '90's boy bands!)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi there, I am a new follower! Good luck with the peace corps. I hope things calm down for you soon! :) Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hope you start feeling better, and that the medical issues clear up asap. Way to go with Peace Corps, best of luck with your upcoming decisions! <3 www.rubygirlblog.com

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear what you have to say! Please leave me a comment!