This post isn't meant to be or sound egotistical, it's simply meant to appreciate the compliments we receive and those that mean the most.
The compliment that has meant the most to me is,
"You'll be a good mother."
Funny how just a few words can mean so much and I've been lucky enough to receive this compliment twice in the last few months. I don't know what it is about that compliment, but it just gets to me.
Maybe it's because I feel insecure sometimes, wondering how good a mother I will be, or if I'll even get to fill that role. So knowing someone thinks I'll be good at it, just makes it that much more meaningful.
It's such an important role and having my nephew around brings it all home. Maybe I'm being too deep, but being present for the birth of a child is such an inspiring event. This child is a clean slate. Who and what he will become will largely be affected by his family and his up bringing.
It's just amazing to think this little baby will grow to love and be loved, to learn and to create change. It is such a joy to see him discover new things and see his personality begin to develop at just two weeks old. It's fun to wonder what he will grow to like. Will he like football or baseball? Will he love school or hate it? Will he join the military like his father, grandfather, great-grandfather? Will he be President one day? Or a singer? An artist? The possibilities are endless. And the mother is at the core of shaping this life. That is why, "you'll be a good mother", means the most to me.
What compliments mean the most to you? That you're a good friend? A good daughter? Or maybe just a simple thank you when it wasn't expected?
Are you one of those people that give compliments freely? Or do you hold back a little and only give compliments when something or someone truly stands out to you?
I used to not give compliments so much just because I was a little shy or awkward or insecure..lol, pick a reason. But I've realized what harm is there in paying someone a compliment? Speak up! It might make their day!
Happy Weekend my dears!
And please join me in a blog hop over at Heartfelt Balance/Handmade Life
It lasts all weekend so you have plenty of time! She gets a great response at her blog hop so it's really a fantastic way to find new blogs to read and get a little exposure for your own! Happy reading!

I think that's a great compliment. I think when people tell me I'm a good wife that means the most to me. :)
ReplyDeleteI loved receiving that comment as well. I still like to hear I am a good mom to my son. It means a lot especially when you are doubting yourself and your abilities to raise this little life. I really enjoyed your blog and look forward to hearing more. New follower coming from the sit and relax hop. Hope you can stop by too
ReplyDeletehttp://bobjenjack.blogspot.com
I am not a Mom either but in any case I believe that would be a really nice compliment being that Mother's are such a HUGE part of anybody's life (whether we acknowledge it or not).
ReplyDeleteI think compliments are always good as it helps us bring out the best in people when you notice their good qualities.
I have always imagine that the way a do certain things in life will one day reflect in the way my kids (if I ever have any) will as well, so trying to be a better person everyday definitely will pay up that way one day.
Have a great day, visiting from Mingle Monday!!!
stopping by from mingle mondays! thats awesome! i really want to start a family one day, and i know it will be a hard job but i cannot wait to become a mother :) xoxo jillian:: stop by! i'm hosting a jewelry giveaway
ReplyDeleteThanks for posting the hop! It is a great compliment and i'm sure you WILL make a great mother! You seem like a wonderful person. Have a great week! I hope you find your creative inspiration too!
ReplyDeleteI love compliments!! And I give them when I think of a compliment to give. It's the greatest.
ReplyDelete