Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Halleljuah!

Can I please get a Hallelujah! that the GRE is over!! 

I'm not going to tell you my scores, because they're not exactly superb.  Not even great really.  But they are good enough to get into the graduate program.  Ahh big relief.  I got my unofficial scores for the multiple choice part immediately after and will get the official scores with my essays graded in about two weeks. 

I'm just so happy it's over and behind me.  I can put away my study material and enjoy the rest of my vacation, heck the rest of my life, without that test hanging over me. 

It's exciting to have the ball rolling on graduate school.  Sometimes I wonder what is the big deal?  It's just a Master's degree.  Will it actually do me any good in the long run?  But at the same time, who cares?  Everything I do doesn't have to have a reason or a purpose.  I'm doing it for me.  I want to continue learning and bettering myself.  And you know an extra degree couldn't hurt. 

Yesterday was a pretty hectic day, I did a lot of driving.  I had the GRE at 1:00 and I got so nervous for some reason.  I had a really small breakfast and I meant to eat more before I left but my stomach was just in knots that I felt like I would have been sick if I ate.  Lol, I had to take a tums!

I was out of the test by 4 and met up with a friend for some Mexican food and a margarita...or three.  I deserved a little celebration!  The celebration continued to the NKOTB and BSB concert! 

For the longest time I kept thinking the concert was on Tuesday night, but no it was Monday.  We had a great time!  I have to say NKOTB still has it!  They had some great dance moves, maybe better than the BSB and I think it's great all five reunited.  And I have a little crush on Donnie Wahlberg and Joey McIntyre.  Oh my gosh when they sang "The Right Stuff" it just brought me back and they did the original dance moves!!  Too cool!

I also received a response to my email to the Peace Corps placement officer.  I was told someone will be looking at my file this week, but it will definitely be 2012 for a departure date.  That's kind of good, kind of bad.  I'll get to take classes this fall, but I'm ready to go now!  And when they say 2012, is that January-February or more like March-April?  Either way it's nice to have an update and maybe I'll have an invitation soon even if I'm not leaving for a while. 

For some other news, I hope to run a 5k in August!  My first ever!  I need to start training.  I don't intend to do great, but mainly I just want to get my feet wet and participate in my first one.  A local cop I know runs in it and was telling me about a running group he goes to every Thursday.  They "teach" you and train you on how to run.  So I'd like to start going to that as well! 

I need to get some new running shoes.  I started running a lot in January when I was going to the gym and I think I over did it.  I started having problems with my heel or Achilles tendon..I don't know what.  But I think a lot of it was due to my shoes.  I have New Balance.  Any suggestions on a great pair of running shoes??

What's new in your life these days??  Hope you're all having a great week!

4 comments:

  1. A really solid pair of gel inserts has saved my feet more than once. Or if you're willing to spend the money, there are brands that have inserts built into them. Talking to someone at a sporting goods store is always good as well, they can generally steer your toward something that will fit your needs.

    And huzzah for no more GRE! And extra margaritas are nothing to be ashamed of. ;-D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on the GRE! I didn't know you got your scores right away when I took the test and I stared at that screen for a few seconds before I realized that was my actual score. Haha.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thats great news on the PC front@ I am also now in 2012 departures, hopefully January-March, but a lot is still up in the air. My PO said I should hear something in August-September for 2012 departures, so I am just trying to stay calm until then! Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have that problem when I run as well. My old shoe caused pain in my hips. Try this site, it really helps find the perfect shoe according to your body. http://www.roadrunnersports.com/rrs/product/shoe-dog.jsp?cm_re=hp-_-left_1-_-shoe_dog

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear what you have to say! Please leave me a comment!