Friday, June 10, 2011

Second Blogger Award (And Other Thoughts)

Well lovely readers I have been awarded a second blogger award!!  I think they are just so fun and I am so appreciative!  Thanks so much to Laura over at Life with Laura for awarding me with:




With the award comes a few rules...

1. Thank the person who gave you the award by linking back to them in your post.
2. Tell us seven things about yourself.
3. Award 15 or 16 recently discovered bloggers
4. Contact those bloggers and let them in on the exciting news!

Ok sorry I'm not going to award 15 or 16 bloggers...because that's just a lot.  So if you receive this award from me you know it's super special!

And seven things about myself..

1.  I recently discovered a new fear I have.  Being naked in public.  I tan sometimes and I'm always so afraid I didn't lock the door and someone is going to walk in while I'm nakie in the tanning bed.  Or that the door will just mysteriously open by itself and I'll be laying there oblivious to this fact.  Kind of strange I know.

2. Second semi-irrational fear I have is of breaking my nose.  I think I have an extra sensitive nose and the few times I have been hit on my nose have felt particularly painful and a broken nose is just a pain I NEVER wish to feel.

3.  One of my pet peeves is people that don't use their blinkers when they turn.  Especially when I am waiting on them to pass by to turn or pull out.  Ugh it is just so disrespectful to not be mindful of other drivers and their time.  I have been known to have cases of road rage from time to time.

4. I'm a sensitive soul and have a hard time letting things go.  If you speak to me rudely or if I feel snubbed in some way it will likely stick with me throughout the day.  I just HATE when people act unkind to others for no reason. 

5.  I get cold super easy.  My hands and feet are usually colder than the rest of my body.  And while I hate being cold, I would much rather be cold than hot.  I love to snuggle in sweatshirts and blankets and take hot baths in the winter time!

6.  I learned to crochet when I was 12.  I crochet, not knit, and I haven't really done it in a long time.   I've been working on a white blanket for about ohh 10 years or so, but I would love to crochet myself or someone a scarf as a gift. 

7. I have a competitive spirit.  I like to be good at anything I do, but I'm also very go with the flow.  I'll speak my mind or opinion, but I'm not one of those people that HAVE to have it their way or stomps away if I lose at something. 


And now on to passing this award to some of my favorite bloggers!  I sure hope you check them out and come to enjoy reading their posts as much as I do!

 Joelle at Love is Home 
 Sylvia at Sylvia C.


These blogs are all pretty fabulous so I definitely encourage you to check them out!

In some personal news, not blogger award related, I finally registered for the GRE.  I will be taking this test that I have procrastinated on for 4 years, in a mere 10 (almost 9) days.  I didn't really give myself time to study.  I've studied in the past and know I just need to do it and be done with it.  I don't think studying is really going to make a difference. 

I'm nervous, but excited and hopeful.  And a little proud.  Proud that I'm finally doing it. 
I'm going to take the test and apply for the graduate program so I can take some classes in the fall.  I won't be going full time because it's just not really possible with my work schedule, but I'm excited!  I know it'll feel so weird to be back in school, but at least I'll be working towards something. 

And my very last piece of news is really just to be thankful for your family and your loved ones.  My old high school cheerleading coach, who is also the mom of a girl I graduated high school with, came into the bank today while I was working.  I found out that she had a stroke back in March.  She's really doing quite well considering the effects of a stroke.  Her speech is a little altered, but still pretty normal and she's able to walk without assistance. 

It hit me kind of hard because she's the age of my parents and just the knowing that it could happen at any time.  It's been a hard road for her the last few months as she was in ICU and had to go to rehab.  I really feel for her and her family and wish her the best in her recovery. 

I don't mean to end on a not so cheerful note, but I really hope everyone has a fantastic weekend!!  


4 comments:

  1. Congrats on the award and good luck on the GRE!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks you for the award Jacque! That made my day!

    Good luck on the GRE, I'm sure you'll do great. Reviewing and plenty of sleep is the best way to prepare ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You totally deserve the award! And congrats on the GRE - I would be like you, just take it and be done with it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. congrats and good luck on the GRE! so happy for you! i know how much it takes to get to the point and prepare yourself to take it and apply to school! I am right there with you, but it sure does feel good when all is said and done! Best of luck to you - can't wait to hear how everything goes!

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear what you have to say! Please leave me a comment!