What an incredible start to the weekend! Last night around 1:30 in the morning my sister in law's water broke and they were off to the hospital to bring my nephew into the world!
The story is kind of amazing because my brother has been in the Middle East for the last 6 months and was not due to be back until late June. He was able to leave a little early because he was trying to make it here by the due date. It was a surprise for his wife because she had no idea he was coming in early! He landed in Memphis mid-morning and his son was born at 3 in the afternoon.
I think God and a little luck were on our side that he was able to make it here in time for the birth. The baby and mother are doing well. Baby Seth Ryan weighs 7 pounds and 13 ounces and is 20 inches long. He has his mother's hair and nose and his father's big feet and hands! He was very alert the whole time and is just so sweet!
I have to admit I cried a little when he first entered the world. It was an emotional day.
I was trying to upload some photos, but it wouldn't let me so I will try again later!
Congratulations! That is such a sweet story! I am so glad your brother was able to make it in time.
ReplyDeleteCongrats! That is such a great story!
ReplyDeleteCongratulations! I felt the same way too when I first saw my nephew. Glad to know that he made it on time :)
ReplyDelete