What are you doing this summer my friends?
I'm looking for some inspiration!
I want to have a really good summer, my last few have not been very inspiring.
I was so geared up to be leaving in August for another country and just planned to work over the summer. Well I'll still be working all summer, but now I won't be going anywhere.
So I want something to make this summer a little more fun.
I'm looking for a little more excitement, a little more pep.
That means I need some ideas. What can I do to make this summer different without actually going anywhere? Or just doing weekend trips somewhere? And I need things I can do alone.
One idea I had was to take the train to Chicago for a weekend.
I have never been to Chicago and I've never ridden a train.
That's all I've come up with so far! So as you can tell I really need some help.
I also hope to spend some time studying for the GRE and taking it in July, but that's not really fun.
So I need things I can do around home, because I only have one week of vacation which is in two weeks and that's because my nephew will be here!
Is your summer off to a good start? What do you have planned for the next few months?
I look forward to your suggestions!
I found that looking online for tourist sites for your area can be kind of fun. We found some cool places that we would never have known were in the area or appreciated otherwise.
ReplyDeleteEvery town has tons of cool stuff to see/do. Check the tourist things in your city like Kathy suggested.
ReplyDeleteBaseball games, horse races or polo (I really want to see both, obviously), a book club (I had one that met outside all summer and it was fabulous), walking, biking, roller blading.
Chicago is a fine place to visit, but I honestly do not understand the appeal. However, it's easy to navigate and would be fun to travel to by train!
I hope you find lots of fun things to do this summer!
Summer is always a great time for exploring! I know LivingSocial has a lot of fun "escapes" that they pull together which make it pretty effortless ;) otherwise, I'd say you should spend some time making your life at home happy and streamlined...I always need time to get organized and feel so much better when I am. Enjoy it :) xoxo {av}
ReplyDeletep.s. don't forget to enter my fab Whiting & Davis giveaway--you could win a handbag worth over $200!
I am so looking forward to my family vacay in NYC! It would be much more appreciated since the kids are a bit older to take in the sights and wonders. I hope that your summer is pleasurable! New follower from the Sit and Relax weekend hop!
ReplyDeleteMiriam
http://productjunkiemama.blogspot.com
In other news, I passed the Versatile Blog Award on to you! Stop by http://lauralazewski.blogspot.com/2011/06/two-awards-in-one-week.html and pick it up! Happy blogging :).
ReplyDeleteIm exploring nyc this summer! Actually im in the city right now! great post- following back
ReplyDelete