Well Valentine's Day has come and gone and we now have another year to wait for it to come back around. I did treat myself with chocolate covered strawberries (they were amazing, and the white chocolate was the best!!) and a bouquet of pink tulips. I was happy to have bought some assorted gifts for my family and made heart shaped sugar cookies complete with red icing and pink sprinkles to share with my co-workers. Regardless of how we feel about the holiday it's fun to make the day a little special, to have things a little out of the ordinary. Thanks to my dad and brother the ladies in my household were completely spoiled with flowers. The tulips I purchased were totally unnecessary because my dad and brother took good care of us. Our house looks like a florist shop at the moment. :)
So it was a pretty good start to what it is going to be a busy, but fun week. And we're going to have pretty warm weather just in time for my birthday! Today at work we made a visit to a local company and spent several hours there telling their employees about our credit union and opening new accounts. This company makes candy, think cotton candy, blow pops, tootsie rolls, etc so it was a fun day and of course we got some goodies to take home. Like we needed it though right after Valentine's Day.
Tomorrow I am going to see a pro tennis match with my good friend. We're going to see my boyfriend Verdasco play! Some male tennis players are so hot..can you say Nadal, Novak, and Verdasco?? They have this tournament every year in Memphis right around my birthday and I've never made it to a match, but this year I finally get to go and I think we're going to have good seats!
Friday I get to leave work early and plan to spend the second half of my day at the zoo with mom and sister in law. I haven't been to our zoo in over a year I think and I really love it and hope it will be a good way to enjoy the sunshine! Then it's dinner with the co-workers Friday night and Saturday is my birthday! No idea what I'm actually doing on the bday, but Sunday we're going to the casinos and maybe a massage on Monday since I have a long weekend off! So definitely a jam packed week and in less than two weeks I'm off to Houston!
I was looking at a house to buy yesterday, its about $95k, 3 bed, 2 bath and pretty cute. I'm thinking about making an appointment to view it. I'm really not in the market to buy a house, hello peace corps? but I guess I want to keep my eyes open in case peace corps doesn't work out. I'm not entirely sure I want to stay where I'm at, but it's fun to think about buying a house. I know that sounds pretty stupid because buying a house is a big deal and definitely shouldn't be entered into lightly. I'm not looking at buying a house because it's "fun" but because I'm in my mid-twenties and still live at home and why waste money renting somewhere when I can buy a house and have a similar or cheaper monthly payment? I feel like I've been in limbo with peace corps for a few years now and that has had a big impact on what I'm doing. I was in the application process for over a year the first time, almost 6 months this time and don't know how it's going to turn out. Moving out seems like such a hassle when I may be leaving soon, so why do it?, but now I'm almost 26 and still live at home. Bummer.
I just wish I knew what I wanted to do. I would like to get "settled" to some degree which is where the house buying comes in, I would like to know if I'm going to follow through with peace corps and if I'll spend 27 months abroad in a foreign country, if peace corps doesn't work out I would like to know what I'm going to do instead?
I would like to know a lot of things.
No comments:
Post a Comment
I love to hear what you have to say! Please leave me a comment!