Wednesday, February 2, 2011

It's A Boy!!!

My day is off to a fantastic start!  No work, the house to myself for a few hours to enjoy my coffee, a little blogging, and a shower with the music blaring.  Love it.  Aaaannd we just found out that my brother and sister in law are expecting a little boy!!  I'm so excited.  Usually I always hope for girls, just cause they're so cute to dress up in frilly dresses and play with their hair, etc.  But for my brother I wanted a boy, maybe just because it would remind me of him, a little mini version of my brother and our last name carries on for sure.  It makes me sad that my brother doesn't get to be here to experience everything firsthand for the birth of his first child.  It's kind of an interesting situation all around.  My brother is in the Air Force and is in the Middle East right now.  His wife is from the Philippines, she just came to the States in March and has never been here before.  Not long after she got here my brother found out he would have to go back overseas.  In October they found out she was pregnant and in November she came to live with us for the time my brother would be gone, which is the entire time of her pregnancy.  The baby is due in June and my brother hopes to be here for the birth or at least soon after.  That of course is at the whim of the Air Force. 
I must say I'm really proud of my brother and the names he likes for a boy or girl.  (I'm proud of him for many many other reasons too, but this one was a surprise) We got to discuss some names when he was here in November and they were really good!  Lol sometimes you just never know what people will pick out, but the chances are good that my nephew will have a nice name.  I picked up a book for my brother the other day, it's called The Expectant Father and we're going to mail it to him next time we send a box his way. I just want him to feel involved in everything even though he's halfway around the world. 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear what you have to say! Please leave me a comment!