I don't read too many magazines, I spend most of my time reading books, but I do enjoy a Glamour magazine every now and then. I have to give props to the March issue of Glamour, several of their articles deal with issues that I've posted about recently.
One of those issues was about how I mentally talk to myself sometimes, how I tend to put myself down when having a bad day. How I call myself names that I would NEVER allow anyone else to say to me. Well I'm not alone. According to the Glamour article 97% of women do this on a daily basis. A good quote from the article is if you wouldn't say it to a friend, don't say it to yourself. Those are words to live by ladies!!
The other article dealt with women and their baby decisions: women that get married and pregnant before 20, women that don't want kids at all, women that adopt, women that choose to have a child by themselves, women desperately trying to have kids, and women that have 6 kids. It was just a good eye opener to all the different walks of life and encouraging for me to read the woman's story that chose to be a single mother. I wrote about considering that in a previous post and while I'm no where near that point yet, I'm still hoping to do it the "tradtional" way with a husband and marriage, that time could be here before I know it.
The realization hit me the other day after reading through several blogs that I follow how much we all go through on a daily basis. Life is just hard sometimes, from illnesses, whether personal or a close friend or a family member, to job struggles, relationship struggles, etc. The decisions we make every day and the paths we choose to follow impact the rest of our lives. For me peace corps or not to peace corps? Buy a house or move somewhere else? Go back to school? How can I get to where I want to be? I want to thank everyone that blogs and puts their life out there and for those of you that read my blog, we'll get through this crazy life.
Some things I am HAPPY about tonight:
1. the pretty pink polish I used for my mani/pedi today
2. my new clothes from Old Navy, yoga pants are soo comfy and I actually wore them at the gym today
3. the Bachelor, it's a guilty pleasure
4. a better bond with my sister in law, I spent a lot of time with her and my mom over my birthday weekend at the zoo and the casino
Some things to work on:
1. struggling friendships...it's always difficult when you dated someone and stay friends and they start dating someone new, it's hard on me, him, and the new gf. I haven't seen this friend in 3 months and I don't know where I'm willing to bend or compromise or if things will work out on a friend level. Neither one of us has made a great effort, so maybe that says it all and it's just a wash now?
A quote to leave you all with..
"I have come to believe..that what is most important to me must be spoken, made verbal and shared, even at the risk of having it bruised or misunderstood." ~Audre Lorde
No comments:
Post a Comment
I love to hear what you have to say! Please leave me a comment!