Thursday, February 17, 2011

If I Could Tell The World Just One Thing..

It would be that we're all OK, and not to worry cause worry is wasteful and useless in times like these.  I won't be made useless, I won't be idle with despair.

These words by Jewel really stuck out to me the other day.  I've always enjoyed the song, but these words seemed to hold a stronger and deeper meaning for me now.  Funny how applying for peace corps make you relate everything to peace corps..  But also in this blog post I really wanted to talk about self love.  I had a rough day yesterday, I was just really feeling bad about my body image,  a 1200 calorie lunch from Krystal's definitely didn't help matters.  I felt disgusting and was really hard on myself.  Why are we so hard on ourselves?  We truly are our worst critic.  Lets start loving ourselves for what we are and accepting it as it is.  I want to stop the insults I tend to hurl at myself from time to time when I'm having a low day.  I wouldn't let someone else call me the names I tend to call myself when I'm disappointed, so why do I let myself get by with it?  It just makes me sink further into that down mood.  Thank goodness for friends though.  My friend helped pull me out of my funk when we went to dinner and the tennis match.  Maybe it was the margarita not the friend...  Just kidding, it was definitely the friend.  And the tennis match was awesome, I was six row backs from Fernando Verdasco.  He was so cute with his little mohawk!  Unfortunately he lost the match, but it was so much fun. 

We'll fight, not out of spite
For someone must stand up for what's right
'Cause where there's a man who has no voice
There ours shall go singing
I am never broken.  In the end only kindness matters...

Thank you Jewel for the power of song and giving us words to live by.  In the end only kindness matters.  Lets make a point to be kind to ourselves and to others.  Lets make a difference in someone else's day through kindness and for standing up for what's right.  Lets hope that an avenue and opportunity presents itself to do such a thing.

1 comment:

  1. I was listening to this song earlier today :-) Amazing lyrics. She's a great artist.

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear what you have to say! Please leave me a comment!